Securing Career Opportunities and Professional Employment (SCOPE) is a unique professional development program providing support to the dance, physical theatre and circus sectors.
SCOPE is supported by the Australia Council for the Arts, and has been developed with the resources and expertise of the Australian Sports Commission through the National Coach and Athlete Career and Education Program.
The SCOPE program promotes a balanced approach to the career development of professional performing artists through a process of self-exploration, informed decision-making and short- and long-term planning.
The aim of the program is to ensure artists proactively participate in and effectively manage their own career, education and personal development needs.
SCOPE programs are tailored to meet individual needs and provide a range of services, including:
- individual assessment and career counselling
- development of a career and education action plan
- access to training funds for personal and professional development courses (subject to application and assessment following acceptance as a program participant)
- employment preparation
- business and industry networking and referrals
- access to national network of career professionals
- transition planning and career development support.
Applications to SCOPE in 2009 close on 24 May 2009.
For more information and application details, visit https://www.scopeforartists.com.au/