The Australia Council for the Arts is seeking expressions of interest from tertiary researchers looking to build industry partnerships to support applications for Australian Research Council (ARC) funded research projects.
The Australia Council has recently reviewed its research priorities as part of a new three year research plan. Projects should align with the research priorities that Australia Council has identified and these include:
- the collection, analysis and dissemination of data on the economic performance of the arts in Australia, as an essential part of the evidence base for the development of arts and cultural policy
- public consumption and participation in the arts
- private sector support for the arts
- the effect and impact of digital technologies on the production and consumption of the arts in Australia and internationally
As an industry partner, the Australia Council may offer support in the form of cash or in-kind assistance.
There are two phases to partnership development with the Australia Council:
- Phase 1 – an expression of interest outlining the proposed project and the nature of the partnership.
- Phase 2 – researchers whose initial expression of interest is selected will be invited to submit a full length proposal in the form of an application for ARC funding developed in consultation with the Australia Council and other industry partners where applicable.
Phase 1 expressions of Interest should include a proposal of no more than three pages including:
- research question
- project summary including a description of the project (summarising aims and expected outcomes)
- contribution of the project to the Australia council’s research priorities and any other benefits potential benefits of the project to the Australia Council
- name of participating eligible higher education institution
- details of project team including name, job title and brief description of role and experience
- other proposed industry partners
- start and end dates of proposed partnership
- budget outline for the project
- proposed role and contribution of the Australia Council.
The Australia Council will not support proposals seeking funding for:
- in excess of five years continuous support
- publications, conferences or trave in isolation from a research project
- capital works or general infrastructure
- core organisational operating costs.
Phase 1 expressions of interest close on Friday 20 March 2009. Please contact Lisa Cahill by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9215 9369 for more information