The SPARK mentoring program will give 11 young artists a step up in their careers.
SPARK is the Australia Council for the Arts’ national mentoring program for young artists, supported by dance, theatre and community partnerships.
In 2008-09, eleven mentoring partnerships will be supported – six in theatre, three in dance, and two in community arts. The 2008-09 program will commence with an induction from 24-26 July during the Brisbane Festival, with participants experiencing professional development workshops, artist talks, festival shows, and mentoring training.
The 2008-09 participants are:
- Natalie Abbott to be mentored in contemporary dance by Ros Warby VIC
- James Brown to be mentored in theatre and multi-media performance by Gail Priest NSW
- Sophie Chapman to be mentored by in community arts by Judith McLean QLD
- Tanya Dupagne to be mentored in community dance by Jenny Simpson WA
- Janie Gibson to be mentored in theatre-making by Alicia Talbot NSW
- Mish Grigor to be mentored in theatre and live performance by Bruce Gladwin VIC
- Luke Hickmott to be mentorede in contemporary dance by Carlee Mellow VIC
- Ben Hjorth to be mentored in solo performance by Brian Lipson VIC
- Laura Levitus to be mentored in contemporary dance by Bec Reid NSW
- Ahilan Ratnamohan to be mentored in physical theatre by Lee Wilson NSW
- Georgie Read to be mentored in theatre-making by Leisa Shelton NSW