The Australia Council for the Arts is supporting the Australian International Music Market (AIMM) being held in Brisbane from 22 – 26 July 2007.
This will be the third time the market has been held, and presents a unique opportunity for the music industry to participate in a high profile event and network with national and international music presenters, artists, directors and producers.
AIMM is held every two years in association with the Queensland Music Festival. It invites delegates to experience Australian contemporary music through showcase performances, forums and networking.
The showcase program offers an extensive range of contemporary music in Australia with artists of the highest calibre. This year it will feature the powerful Indigenous concert Black Arm Band and performances by the distinctive and accomplished Julien Wilson Trio and electronic robot rock duo The Scientists of Modern Music.
To date, 22 key international presenters from 13 countries have been confirmed to attend AIMM, including:
- Canada – Coastal Jazz/Vancouver International Jazz Festival, Vancouver, BC
- Canada – Mutek, Montreal, Quebec
- Canada – Harbourfront Centre, Toronto
- France – 3D Family, Paris
- Germany – Ballhaus Naunyn, Berlin
- Japan – Atsuhiro Ito, Independent Producer, Tokyo
- Lithuania – Vilnius Jazz Festival, Vilnius
- Netherlands – Music Centre Vrendenburg, Utrecht
- New Caledonia – Association Towanda Prod and Festival Femmes Funk, Noumea
- New Zealand – Auckland Festival, Auckland
- Philippines – Progressive Broadcasting Corporation Manilla, Philippines
- South Korea – Jarasum International Jazz Festival, Gapyungun
- Spain – Proactive, Madrid
- Spain – Salamanca International Festival, Vallodolid
- Spain – Advanced Music, Sonar, Barcelona
- United Kingdom – Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, Huddersfield
- United Kingdom – Proactive, London
- United Kingdom – Contemporary Music Network, Arts Council England, London
- United Kingdom – Serious Ltd, London
- USA – The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- USA – Carnival Center for the Performing Arts, Miami Florida
- USA – World Music Institute, New York
- USA – Recombinant Media Labs
AIMM 2005 was attended by over 75 national delegates with 23 international delegates from the USA, Europe, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, Central and South America and the Asia-Pacific region. Organisers are anticipating an even larger attendance in 2007.
Delegate registration forms can be downloaded from the AIMM website.