To apply for this Award you must:
- be aged 30 years or under at the closing date
- have been born in Australia or the United Kingdom, or are currently Australian citizens
- have been living in Australia for the 12 months preceding the closing date.
These are the terms established by deed of the Kathleen Mitchell Award and there are no exceptions to these requirements. To be eligible for this Award you must provide proof of your Australian citizenship or of your place of birth (e.g. birth certificate, passport). If you will have difficulty providing this, please contact Artists Services to discuss your situation.
Please note you must self-nominate for this Award.
You can’t apply for the Award if:
- you do not hold copyright for the work you wish to submit for consideration
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council.