Once you submit your application, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
After you submit your application, we first check it meets the eligibility criteria for the grant or opportunity to which you are applying.
Applications to the Australia Council Grant Programs are assessed by arts practice peer panels against the published assessment criteria for the relevant grant program.
We aim to notify you of the outcome of your application no later than 12 weeks after the published closing date for the applicable grant round.
The Australia Council also offers a variety of other grants and opportunities which are not assessed in the same way. Please refer the guidelines for the relevant grant or opportunity to find out how it is assessed.
For FAQ’s relating to the grants model, please click here.
Please contact the Artists Services team.
Once all applications have been assessed, you will be contacted about the outcome of your application. If you have been successful, you will also be sent a funding agreement. This outlines the conditions of funding, how you will be paid and your grant reporting requirements. The following pages outline these stages in more detail.
Frequently asked questions
Over a three month period, the program is delivered in three phases. Your organisation will work with the strategist to complete the following:
- Assess: the strategist will take the organisation through the Digital Culture Compass, an online tool that will help identify the organisation’s current level of digital maturity.
- Develop: a process of ideation and investigation to identify digital challenges and opportunities for your organisation. This phase involves feasibility research to refine and resolve potential initiatives.
- Draft: collate your work into a digital strategy (and/or implementation plan) document that aligns with your existing strategic/business plan.
Our digital strategists are a diverse group of creative technologists and digital consultants with a broad range of experience across digital technologies, capacities and roles. Strategists will be located across Australia and are selected based on their:
- experience with digital transformation
- knowledge of the arts and creative industry
- commitment to digital inclusion, cultural competency and accessibility.
Organisations will be matched with strategists based on the individual needs and priority areas.
The digital strategist will be available for twelve days across the twelve week residency, with five days spent with your organisation. There will be a combination of contact and non-contact hours with your organisation for between 2-4 team members.
There will also be three online sessions with the cohort of participating organisations to provide an opportunity to connect and share experiences and knowledge.
This residency is designed to be delivered as a hybrid program, involving in-person and online sessions as determined by you and your strategist. This will be dependent on current Covid-19 restrictions.
Organisations can apply via our online application system. If you have access requirements, please get in touch so we can assist you.
Written response questions
- Introduce your organisation and why you do what you do.Please provide details of the two nominated digital champions in your organisation who will lead the residency and any cultural or access requirements to ensure an appropriate strategist is allocated.
- Why is this program relevant for your organisation at this time?
- How has your organisation explored and managed digital transformation and change so far?
- How does your organisation see its role as champions of digital within the cultural and creative industries?
- How does your organisation collaborate as a team and what tools and processes do you have in place to facilitate this?
- Any relevant support material for your application that demonstrates your organisation’s openness, motivation and commitment to digital innovation. (one attachment only).
- Your organisation’s strategic/business plan (as a PDF).
This opportunity is open to organisations.
An ‘organisation’ is a legally constituted organisation that is registered or created by law. For example, incorporated associations, companies limited by guarantee or government statutory authorities are all defined as organisations.
Your application will be assessed as per the selection criteria. The program is designed to bring together a diverse range of applicants from organisations around the country and we work to ensure a balance between geographic locations and artforms. This will be considered in the assessment process.
The program requires your organisation to identify a minimum of two digital champions in your organisation to lead the residency. Consider who has the ability to lead your team and enact the recommendations or opportunities that may arise. It is important to get organisation buy-in, so consider representatives from different teams.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your eligibility.
Australia Council can support up to eight fully subsidised (free) positions each quarter through this application process. Alternatively, organisations can choose to start the program immediately and cover the cost of the strategist. For more information about the paid residencies available, please email email@example.com