Once you submit your application, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
After you submit your application, we first check it meets the eligibility criteria for the grant or opportunity to which you are applying.
We aim to notify you of the outcome of your application no later than 4 weeks after the published closing.
Once all applications have been assessed, you will be contacted about the outcome of your application. If you have been successful, you will also be sent an agreement.
Frequently asked questions
Over a three month period, the program is delivered in three phases. Your organisation will work with the strategist to complete the following:
- Assess: the strategist will take the organisation through the Digital Culture Compass, an online tool that will help identify the organisation’s current level of digital maturity.
- Develop: a process of ideation and investigation to identify digital challenges and opportunities for your organisation. This phase involves feasibility research to refine and resolve potential initiatives.
- Draft: collate your work into a digital strategy (and/or implementation plan) document that aligns with your existing strategic/business plan.
Our digital strategists are a diverse group of creative technologists and digital consultants with a broad range of experience across digital technologies, capacities and roles. Strategists will be located across Australia and are selected based on their:
- experience with digital transformation
- knowledge of the arts and creative industry
- commitment to digital inclusion, cultural competency and accessibility.
Organisations will be matched with strategists based on the individual needs and priority areas.
The digital strategist will be available for twelve days across the twelve-week residency.
There will be a combination of contact and non-contact hours with your organisation for between 2-4 team members.
There will also be three compulsory online sessions with the cohort of participating organisations to provide an opportunity to connect and share experiences and knowledge and hear from industry experts.
This residency is designed to be delivered online with potential for hybrid delivery, involving a combination of in-person and online sessions with your strategist via negotiation.
To apply please answer the following questions
- What is the main practice area of your organisation/group?
- Please select any other areas of practice that are relevant to your organisation/group. You may select as many areas as are relevant.
- Introduce your organisation and why you do what you do. Limit your response to 2000 characters
- How has your organisation explored and managed digital so far? Limit your response to 2000 characters
- Why is the program relevant for your organisation at this time? Limit your response to 2000 characters
- What does digital leadership in the sector look like to you? Limit your response to 2000 characters:
- What tools and processes do you have in place to facilitate collaboration between your team members? Limit your response to 2000 characters.
- What are the names and roles of Digital Champions (Note: at least one champion should be in a leadership position and both should be current members of your organisation available 1 day a week)
- Any relevant support material for your application that demonstrates your organisation’s openness, motivation and commitment to digital innovation. (one attachment only).
- Your organisation’s strategic/business plan (as a PDF).
This opportunity is open to organisations.
An ‘organisation’ is a legally constituted organisation that is registered or created by law. For example, incorporated associations, companies limited by guarantee or government statutory authorities are all defined as organisations.
Your application will be assessed as per the selection criteria. The program is designed to bring together a diverse range of applicants from organisations around the country and we work to ensure a balance between geographic locations and artforms. This will be considered in the assessment process.
The program requires your organisation to identify a minimum of two digital champions (one in a leadership position) from your organisation to lead the residency. Consider who has the ability to lead your team and enact the recommendations or opportunities that may arise. It is important to get organisation buy-in, so consider representatives from different teams.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your eligibility.
Australia Council can support a number of fully subsidised (free) positions each round through this application process. Alternatively, organisations can choose to start the program immediately and cover the cost of the strategist. For more information about the paid residencies available, please email email@example.com.