Call for First Nation creatives, arts workers and thought leaders
For the first time in 50 years, we are coming together to tell our stories. Purrumpa is a National First Nations Arts and Culture Gathering, creating space for conversations that reflect:
- Respectful engagement. Deep listening: Led by cultural protocols and cultural leaders.
- Legacy: Acknowledging the lengthy and painstaking process that First Nation arts leaders have accomplished over the past 50 years through bravery, courage, resilience and activism.
- Storytelling: Telling our stories across all artforms
- Here. Now: Our industry continues to build vibrant creative communities while embedding First Nation Arts and Culture in the national conversation
- Imagining the future: First Nation young people working in arts and culture, building our workforce, protect Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property (ICIP) and engage in a digital landscape.
Your submission should address the above themes.
You may also want to discuss First Nation Arts and Culture from the following:
- health and social wellbeing
- engaging young people in the arts and/or workforce opportunities
- the creative industries
- across all artforms
- community and collaborations
- Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property
- science, environment and technology interface
- arts, culture and tourism
- language and cultural protection/maintenance
- arts and cultural activism.
Or tell us about your exciting project you are working on.